Matt Damon’is on the side of the LGBTQ + community’ | Entertainment News – Pennsylvanianewstoday.com - Newstrend Times

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Matt Damon’is on the side of the LGBTQ + community’ | Entertainment News – Pennsylvanianewstoday.com

Matt Damon said he was “standing in the LGBTQ + community” after a backlash against his comments on using homosexual slurs.

The 50-year-old actor recently revealed that his daughter called him using the word “f *****” and explained why it was so “dangerous”. “.

Now, in a long statement to “Entertainment Tonight,” he said:

“I don’t use any kind of slur. To eradicate prejudice, instead of finding passive comfort by imagining yourself as” one of the good guys, “a positive move towards justice. I learned that it is necessary.

“And given that open hostility to the LGBTQ + community isn’t uncommon yet, I understand why my remarks made so many people think of the worst.

“I’m on the side of the LGBTQ + community to be as clear as possible.”

Damon also elaborated on his first conversation with his daughter, stating that he was excited about “her passion” and “values.”

He states: , I heard the word “f **” used in the street before I even knew what it meant.

“I explained that the word was used constantly and casually and was even the line of dialogue in my film until 2003. [in ‘Stuck On You’]..

“She in turn expressed incredibility that the word might have been used unknowingly.

“In my admiration and pride, she made a very clear statement about how painful the word was to someone in the LGBTQ + community, even if it was culturally normalized.

“I not only agreed with her, but I was thrilled with her passion, values ​​and aspirations for social justice.”

Daughter Isabella (15 years old), Jia (12 years old), Stella (10 years old), stepdaughter Alexia Barroso (22 years old), wife Luciana Barroso (wife Luciana Barroso) with the Sunday Times on the weekend In an interview with, he revealed the use of slurs.

He said: “I joked a few months ago and got a treatise from my daughter. She left the table. I said,” Come on, that’s a joke! I’m in the movie Stick on You. Say it! “She went to her room and wrote a very long and beautiful treatise about how dangerous the word was. I said, “I will retire from f-slur!” understood. “



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3ylfunm
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad