Tom Daley wins fourth Olympic medal | Entertainment News – Pennsylvanianewstoday.com - Newstrend Times

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Tom Daley wins fourth Olympic medal | Entertainment News – Pennsylvanianewstoday.com

Tom Daley won his fourth Olympic medal.

The 27-year-old diver, who won the first ever Olympic gold medal on the men’s 10-meter platform at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics last week, won a bronze medal on an individual men’s 10-meter platform on Saturday (07.08.21). ..

Tom finished with an impressive 546.25, 30 points ahead of Russia’s Alexander Bonder in third place.

He previously won bronze medals at London 2012 and Rio 2016.

Tom said he hopes to win the gold medal and become a good role model for LGBT youth.

Tom admitted that he “did not think” of becoming an Olympic champion as a “gay man.”

And now that he has realized his dream, Tom wants to inspire other members of the LGBT community to feel “anything can be achieved.”

He states: “I’m very proud to say that I’m a gay man and an Olympic champion. When I was young, I thought I couldn’t achieve anything because of who I was. Becoming an Olympic champion shows that you can achieve anything.

“When it comes to out-athletes, these Olympics have more open athletes than any other Olympics so far. I came out in 2013, but when I was young I was always different and not fit. I felt like there was something that society would never be as good as I wanted. Any young LGBT person, no matter how lonely you are now. I hope you can understand that you are not alone. You can achieve anything. “

Meanwhile, Tom made a splash with viral knitwear and proudly showed off his custom Team GB cardigan earlier this week.

“When I got to Tokyo, I wanted to make something that reminded me of these games,” he posted on Instagram.

“It can be said that it was made in Tokyo at the time of the Olympics!

“I put the @teamgb logo on my back, a flag and GBR on my shoulder, and Tokyo on the front!”

He shared his clip that modeled his work on Made With Love By Tom Daley’s knitting account, talked about the design, and solicited the opinions of his followers.

He added:

In the women’s 3m diving final last weekend, Tom found needles and wool by the pool and made a jumper for the internet-famous pouch Izzy The Frenchie.

And he also made a medal protector for his precious gold medallion.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3yya8VJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad